Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Telemarketer

I have been telemarkting for about 4 years off and on now. It is amazing just how ugly some people are inside. I started out calling home owners in the evening. I will never go back to that. I used to get that they were eating dinner all the time. Then why did you answer your phone. If your meal was so great that you are getting mad at me for calling. Dont get up from the table. I then moved to calling business owners. I thought that things would get better then. I was wrong. Now I get they are in meetings. Again, if your meeting is that important then why did you answer the phone. I am sure that you have voicemail. You cause your own anger.

I work for one of the largest online advertising companies on the internet. NO....is isnt Google.

I am not calling to just take your money. I am calling to help you make money. Why not listen to what I have to say. That is all that I ask. Listen and see if what I am offering will benefit you. What will giving me five minutes of your time to tell you how I can make you money hurt anyone?

Instead, I get "Take me off you list..dial tone" First of all, there is NOT A DO NOT CALL LIST for business listings. Or before I even finish telling you who I am and where I am calling from tell me that you are not interested. Alright....what is a receptionist job? If my memory serves me it is too answer the phone and connect you to who you need to speak with. Not make final decisions concerning the company and their marketing plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment